Dr. Thomas Rhodes, Cockeysville, MD – Dentist
Dental implants are currently the most natural method for replacing a tooth or for supporting teeth. Implants can be used in several different ways. You can replace a single tooth with a single implant and a crown on top. You can put several implants in and place a bridge where you would have three or four teeth supported by two implants. You can also use dental implants to hold or lock down a denture, giving the dentures more strength and stability than with dental adhesives alone. It’s almost like having your own teeth back.
Dental Implants are meant to be a permanent tooth replacement. Although, in few circumstances, implants can fail, the success rate is 97%. With proper care and barring unforeseen circumstances, a dental implant can last a lifetime.
The dental implant itself is made out of a special type of titanium metal, and it is a hollow cylinder that is put down into the bone. You must allow approximately two to three months for healing, during which time the bone heals in against the implant locking it in place. After the healing process, a post will be put into the hollow part of the implant and then the crown or bridge goes on top.
Before a dental implant is surgically placed, Dr. Rhodes will take a series of three-dimensional x-rays to look at the area where the implant is going to be placed. This is to ensure that there is sufficient bone to support the implant. If there is not sufficient bone, grafting can be done to supplement the bone before the dental implant is surgically inserted into the mouth.
Dental implants are a comfortable long lasting solution to missing teeth. They are effective alternatives to bridges and dentures, but are longer-lasting, stronger, and feel and function more like natural teeth. In fact, dental implants are the most natural-looking replacement that dentists can offer for patients looking to address missing teeth.
Dr. Rhodes of Hunt Valley Dental encourages patients to consider dental implants when appropriate. You can learn more about the benefits of dental implants by scheduling a consultation appointment today!
- Dental Implants Problems Baltimore MD – Dental implants help Baltimore, MD, residents avoid problems associated with tooth loss
- Clear Choice Dental Implant Baltimore MD – Dental implant treatment is the clear choice for Baltimore MD residents
- Dental Implants Baltimore – The benefits of dental implants in Baltimore
- Dental Implants Hunt Valley – The best option for replacing missing teeth
- Implants Procedure Hunt Valley – Secure your denture with a simple implants procedure in Hunt Valley
- What Are Dental Implants Baltimore, MD – Baltimore, MD dental questions: What are dental implants?